AfricaBP Genome Annotation Subcommittee generates and develop a roadmap document and policy; and describe standards for high quality genome annotation for the AfricaBP. The standards will encompass assembly quality of input genome, type and amount of data required for annotation such as transcriptome and multi-species protein data, reproducible software pipelines, curation and release on databases. The committee will also collaborate, facilitate, and implement annotation of genomes as per the proposed standard and will address the challenges of diverse taxa.
- Taiwo Crossby Omotoriogun, Dr. - Chair | A. P. Leventis Ornithological Research Institute Nigeria
- Yedomon Ange Bovys Zoclanclounon, Co-Chair
- Yasmina Jaufeerally Fakim, Prof. - Co-Chair| University of Mauritius, Mauritius; H3ABioNet
- Girish Beedessee, Dr. | University of Cambridge, UK
- Anisah Ghoorah, Dr. | University of Mauritius, Mauritius; H3ABioNet
- Blessing Adanta Odogwu, Dr. | University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria